Growing our high quality bespoke metal work team.
Thanks to the great team of skilled and committed people that we have working at Dymond Engineering we have a 40-year heritage in engineering and making great quality bespoke metal work for our customers. And we are still working with our very first customer!
But growing a team of talented, dependable people can be challenging in the current climate. In October, job vacancies reached a record high, and many employers are struggling to fill posts. According to the Office for National Statistics (ONS), there were 1.17 million job vacancies last month, almost 400,000 more than before Covid 19 hit. Workers are finding that they have more job mobility than they have had in recent years and so some are voting with their feet. Finding employments that better suits them and their current situation.
At Dymond we are fortunate to fill our vacancies with talented, motivated people, and importantly, they want to stay. Some of our staff have been with us for over 20 years and others for 10 years.
And this leads me onto some great news! We are delighted to announce the well-deserved promotion of Matt Glasson and appointment of Stuart Mann, boosting our bespoke metal working capacity!
Matt promoted to Supervisor of the Pre-Assembly Metal Work section
Matt Glasson joined us in March 2020, days before the pandemic really hit in the UK. Not a great time to start a new job, with such world-wide uncertainty, but he has been an absolute star throughout. Matt started with us as a laser programmer and operator, and also carried out drawing work. After that he successfully completed our training program on the press brakes, and we could see he was ready for a promotion. Matt was officially promoted to Supervisor of the Pre-Assembly section in September. This section consists of the laser, press brakes, tube cutting, wirework and drilling. Matt he is doing a fabulous job here, both supervising his team of operators and also working as an operator himself. Congratulations Matt!
- Outside of work Matt enjoys rebuilding and reprogramming computers, socialising and travelling.
- Matt’s favourite sport is watching Formula 1 – he supports the Red Bull Racing team.
- His favourite movie is the 1997 film The Game.
- His favourite band is U2.
- And he says the best thing about North Devon is his Job! Really Matt?!!!
New staff member joins us to work in Pre-Assembly Metal Work section
In September this year Stuart Mann joined us in the pre-Assembly section of the factory. Another great addition to the team! He has 20 years’ experience in metal fabrication and joins us from a local company.
Stuart is a skilled powder coater, but joined us to further broaden his metal fabrication skills and experience, and has joined us as a trainee Press Brake and Laser Operator, forming the metal work prior to welding.
- Outside of work Stuart’s hobbies include Warhammer table top gaming, and he is currently ranked in the top 100 in the UK.
- He also paints and sculpts, including Warhammer figures.
- Stuart loves Devon’s beaches and his most proud achievement are his two lovely children.
- His favourite movie is Lord of the Rings, and favourite music is rock and metal, particularly the heavy metal band Disturbed from Chicago.
We are passionate about employing people from around the Barnstaple area because it helps to support the local economy. So we are doubly delighted by Stuart joining us and Matt’s promotion!